Salary: Competitive, plus excellent benefitsContract: 9 month fixed term / secondment
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri 09:00 - 17:30
Location: The VHQ, Crawley, West SussexClosing date: 23rd September 2019
In a nutshell
Virgin Atlantic Cargo are a £200m business connecting retailers, manufacturers and growers with their consumers worldwide. We are a ‘business within a business’ focused on delivering nearly 10% of Virgin Atlantic’s overall revenue. Our teams across the globe are the essential ingredient in separating us from the rest, building our reputation for excellence and premier service delivery.
As Pharma Specialist, you’ll be responsible for driving development of our pharmaceutical cargo products, to boost revenues / market shares, increase customer NPS scores, and ensure we remain competitive in the market. In this role, you'll have a specific focus on managing and maintaining the Quality Management System, which underpins the pharma product, and holding all partners to account for assigned actions that arise from GDP audits, or from specific incident reports.
As well as dealing with queries or incidents with pharma shipments, this role will also provide specialised knowledge to the business on the nuances of the pharma logistics industry, and will be instrumental in ensuring Virgin’s success in this area.
Day to day
- You will be leading investigations into service failures for pharma shipments (CAPAs), co-ordinating partners and identifying relevant fixes / process changes / training requirements to prevent reoccurrences.
- Monitoring actions arising from incident reports, or GDP audits, to ensure timely completion and implementation of process changes.
- Reviewing and redesigning internal processes so to ensure optimum efficiency, and class leading service for our customers.
- Supporting GDP audits at key pharma hubs to assess compliance, and issue comprehensive reports containing your key findings and actions.
- Ensuring that processes / training / customer complaints are regularly reviewed as part of ‘Good Distribution Practice’ through maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- You'll support our sales teams by providing specialist knowledge and attending customer meetings to communicate Virgin’s services and capabilities.
- Develop and maintain a dashboard of data to show performance of the Pharmaceutical product for the leadership team and wider business.
- Through regular competitor benchmarking and making recommendations you'll ensure VAC remain commercially competitive and innovative.
- Assisting on delivery of business change relating to products, e.g. planning, system changes, comms, training and business case preparation.
- Managing both internal and external facing product information, making sure content is accurate and up to date at all times (e.g. Gateway information, product flyers, website etc).
Have you got a good understanding of Cargo systems and processes, and some knowledge of the regulations for handling pharmaceutical products, specifically the EU guidelines for “Good Distribution Practise” (GDP)? Being computer-literate in Excel, Word and Powerpoint, and experience of using / maintaining a system of quality management (e.g. IRMA, Intellex etc) would be beneficial.
Are you careful and methodical in your approach to work, with great attention to detail? Communication & Influencing is key within this role as you'll work across a broad spectrum of age, cultural, economic, ethnic and institutional backgrounds and both in written and verbal form. Do you have the ability to build trust, handle conflict, listen, motivate others, question, facilitate and build consensus?
If the above sounds like you, and you have commercial and analytical experience, as well as experience managing small projects, investigating service failures, and building relationships with customers, then we’d love to hear from you.
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you live life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course, you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self-select what’s important to you through our benefits portal.
Be Yourself - Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength, which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.