Hours: 4 on 4 off, Days and Nights - 12 hour shifts
Location: dnata city east, London Heathrow
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31 January 2023
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic Airways, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
It’s in our DNA to disrupt the market and lead the way with fresh ideas. Bringing new approaches to the industry and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on issues of sustainability, people or our communities. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
In this role as Cargo Ops Officer, you'll optimally monitor and manage third-party handling company’s performance in the achievement of Service Level and Standard Ground Handling Agreements and in accordance with the Cargo business objectives. Whilst ensuring the highest standard of Customer Service and Simultaneously ensuring the safety and security of all aspects of the operation are monitored and maintained at all times
Day to day
- Provide Flight Build Plans to the Third-Party Ground Handler
- Audit the performance of the Third-Party handling companies
- Make sound operational decisions at short notice, taking into consideration commercial issues, security, safety, customer service, long and short-term impact, and any potential impact in other areas of the company.
- Respond to requests, enquiries and queries, from whatever source - customers, internal customers, suppliers, in a timely and professional manner. Ensuring that the flow of communication between all parties is both accurate and effective and that the highest level of service is maintained at all times.
- Maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships at all levels within all areas of the business.
- Act as the point of reference and contact across the Virgin Atlantic Ramp handling process for the delivery of the day’s LHR Cargo loading Operation.
- Monitor the smooth handling of cargo by third-party handling companies on the ramp, especially when in progress between handling companies, dealing with any discrepancies or problems that might arise effectively and efficiently.
Do you have the ability to remain motivated, and work on your own initiative with minimum supervision? Can you combine technical skills with those of Customer Service and commercial awareness? Then this could be the role for you!
Alongside the above we're looking for the following:
- Have a broad basic knowledge of the cargo industry, being able to recognise industry terms of reference, and paperwork requirements and to be confident in using associated reference manuals (IATA, COM etc)
- Skilled at supplier performance management and high attention to detail
- Working experience with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook SharePoint, Excel, Word
- Proven track record in operations within the field of airfreight or logistics, a solid understanding of Customs regulations and documentation requirements
- Experience operating in a fast-paced warehouse environment
- Strong communication and influencing skills and experience
Does the above sound like you? Then we'd love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values