Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Hybrid remote working with 3 days a week in DNATA City East, London Heathrow Airport
Closing Date: Sunday 11 June 2023
In a nutshell
Virgin Atlantic Cargo is a £200m business connecting retailers, manufacturers, and growers with their consumers worldwide. We are a 'business within a business' passionate about contributing towards Virgin Atlantic's overall revenue. Our teams across the globe are the crucial ingredient in separating us from the rest, building our reputation for excellence and outstanding service delivery.
As an Account Manager within our Cargo business, you'll take primary sales responsibility for daily sales interactions with Cargo Customer Accounts within their portfolio with the UK. Acting as a primary contact for customer decision makers to promote support of and build preference for VAC through both regular permanent bookings and ad-hoc requests.
Working as part of the UK sales team the account manager is encouraged to develop individual account plans and make regular face to face sales calls, video conference meetings and telephone calls as appropriate.
Day to day
- Implement account and development plans to ensure regular contact with decision makers at customers and participation in regular business review meetings.
- Driving forward and achieving revenue targets/budgets.
- Capture a full picture of business opportunities to be able to work with Revenue Management and to evaluate and formulate a proposal back to the customer with the appropriate justification and within the required timeframes.
- Where appropriate, communicate and delegate action points arising from customer visits to partners. Advising clearly on customer expectations, timelines and requirements.
- Grow multi-level robust working relationships with key customer decision makers. Develop key insights into their customers' needs and build trust based on a consultative sales approach.
- Support sales colleagues and provide short-term cover of other portfolios when required.
Do you have proven cargo experience, within a major airline? Have you worked within a customer facing role, encompassing a range of functions with a strong emphasis on sales but also including marketing, customer service, revenue accounting and finance and operations? Then this could be the role for you
Alongside the above we're looking for the following to be successful in your application:
- Proven ability to negotiate, gaining the best outcome for you and your customer.
- Collaborative with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Proven track record planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Goals driven with a competitive mentality.
If the above sounds like you, and you want to join us on our journey to become 'Most Loved' then we'd love to hear from you!
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (firstname.lastname@example.org) feeling confident that we've got your individual considerations covered.