Hours: Full Time
Contract: 1 x Permanent (Shift 4 on 4 off) and 1 x Long Term Secondment/Fixed Term Contract (Monday – Friday)
Closing Date: 05/12/2021
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
The role of Cabin Technical Operation Engineer is primarily to ensure that all of our technical and operation cabin maintenance requirements are performed, meeting regulatory requirements with a focus on safety, quality and meeting contractual obligations.
In a nutshell
Day to day
To ensure all VAA’s technical and operational cabin maintenance requirements are carried out in-line with regulatory requirements, considering health and safety requirements, Quality requirements and contractual agreements.
Controlling, Managing, Supporting and Co-ordinating all maintenance activities related to the cabin worldwide.
Providing planning guidance and support to the Tech Ops planning teams in prioritising cabin work against pre-set criteria.
Develop the work requirements for the cabin providing the engineering and planning interface to the IOCC, Production, third parties and other engineering departments to meet VAA’s operational requirements in an effective and efficient manner.
Provide effective defect reviews, analysis, monitoring of all cabin related defects and standards issues, developing and implementing corrective action plans to ensure the department meets the performance requirements of the cabin.
Deliver on operational Part M and Part 21 requirements to ensure asset availability, reliability, maintainability, safety and customer satisfaction are met at the required level and at optimum cost.
Analyse cabin auditing output as well as crew reporting output to identify issues, trends and reliability issues, driving solutions to achieve the required cabin performance.
To manage the IFE maintenance team to deliver IFE reliability that delivers on the business Customer Experience requirements.
We’re looking for Cabin Technical Operations Engineer with a broad aviation engineering background and a safety first approach to all you do. If this sounds like you and you have the below skills/experience, we think you would love this role!
- Broad technical knowledge of operational engineering in the aviation industry.
- Effective influencing, relationships, and conflict resolution skills – Build strong and effective relations with VAA personnel, contractors and suppliers.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering compliance and maintenance systems.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills and have ability to produce technical and non-technical documentation to a high standard.
- Flexibility and approachability in a pressurised environment
- Acumen for development and adoption of new and existing procedures
- Cabin Interiors experience preferable.
- Professional qualifications in aircraft engineering, engineering apprenticeship, degree in relevant Engineering subject and/or suitable documented industry experience.
- Have proven ability to analyse and interpret data from a wide variety of sources and make sound technical judgements and recommendations
- Detailed knowledge of Schedule and Operational planning.
- Knowledge of Part M and Part 145 requirements
- Knowledge of CS25 and Part 21 would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of EASA, FAA & other National Airworthiness Authority regulations.
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values