Salary: £45,767 to £59,119 (dependent on experience)
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: Sunday 29th January 2023
Many of our people at Virgin Atlantic work flexibly and in many ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about your preferred ways of working. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic Airways, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
We have one of the cleanest and greenest fleets in the sky, from Airbus A350s and A330neos to the Boeing 787s. Our Engineering team is made up of aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, and supply chain teams that help make sure they’re well maintained and ready to get our customers to their chosen destinations. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on!
The Cabin Design & Development Engineer is responsible for the provision of design, technical, compliance and expertise in support of the airlines Cabin interior and / or avionic requirements. You’ll be responsible for specification and implementation of cabin development, maintenance and modification initiatives. You will also be responsible for investigation of fleet wide defects and reliability issues together with the formulation of corrective actions to drive performance, maintain safety, compliance, reliability and product delivery in a timely manner at optimum cost.
Day to day
- Identification of aircraft cabin change requirements in conjunction with cabin partners.
- Innovative design and development of cabin solutions to deliver airline safety, compliance, performance, reliability and product standard.
- Technical and commercial assessment of required aircraft modifications and delivery of required modifications in line with Part 21 requirements
- Clear communication with Cabin partners, managing a large number of varying priorities under pressure.
- Build strong and effective relations with VAA engineering and non-engineering personnel, suppliers and customers.
- Working with internal collaborators to deliver value adding activities and review return on investment.
- Working to challenging deadlines with a high-volume workload and conflicting priorities under significant operational pressure.
- Continuous improvement challenges to all business processes and procedures that support the management of the Cabin Development team including procedural documentation as required.
We’re seeking a skilled candidate, with an aviation background, who is innovative and places safety as their top priority. If this sounds like you and you have the below qualities /experience, we think you would love this role!
- An engineering degree/HND relevant to aviation, engineering or an EASA/CAA B1/B2 Licence (or equivalent).
- Experience in airline or manufacturer’s engineering department.
- Experience in Cabin interiors and or IFEC is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of CAA, EASA and other National Airworthiness Authority Regulations and experience of Part 21 and/or Part M
- Must be flexible and have the ability to adapt and respond to changing work demands under pressure while effectively managing conflicting priorities.
- Ability to operate at the highest level under extreme operational pressure making clear unambiguous decisions.
- Ability to manage partners effectively.
- Ability to work well on their own initiative and demonstrate strong multi-functional working relationships.
- Ability to interpret differing business messages to inform decisions when dealing with suppliers or internal customers.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong team working, conflict resolution and influencing skills
We offer a competitive basic salary and fantastic development opportunities to grow and evolve. And of course, we’re renowned for our brilliant staff travel benefits, which are among the best in the industry. We encourage everyone to take on the world, and you’re no exception.
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values