Salary: £10,742 plus shift allowance £1,329.34
Contract: Part time - Secondment 12 months
Hours: 18.5 hours per week, 4 on 4 off shift rotation between 04.00 - 23.00
Location: T3, London Heathrow
Closing date: 27th June2019
In a nutshell
Do you love people and making guests smile every day knowing you have delivered amazing service? Are you a dab hand at making amazing coffee and awesome drinks? We are not just an airline to our customers, we host the largest bar outside of London in our flagship Heathrow Clubhouse. Working as part of a cohesive, upbeat and dynamic team you will prepare and present drinks to our own high standards ensuring a memorable and unrivalled experience for all. Your charming personality & charismatic bar chat make our guests feel instantly warm and happy.
Day to day
We love Food, Wine and Cocktails - almost as much as you do. You will impress every visiting guest with our famous Clubhouse experience through the following:-
- To prepare the bar area for service by completing tasks specified on the opening/closing procedures.
- Ensure all drinks are produced to the correct standard as specified in the bar manual.
- We want you to ooze creativity and flair playing an active role in designing cocktails and shaping the bar drinks menu.
- Prepare and serve a variety of beverages including mouth watering cocktails, beers and wines, delicious coffee and healthy juices.
- Support the Bar Backs with the prep and organisation of all drinks, garnishes and glassware.
- Showing great attention to detail you will maintain required stock levels.
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene of the bar at all times.
- To have a full and thorough and in-depth knowledge of products available.
- Recognise and report any dangerous, damaged or faulty equipment to the Duty Manager.
- Record any wastage in the wastage book.
- Consistently mindful and observant to fire and health and safety regulations.
Do you have a natural creative flair and enjoy crafting signature cocktails to tempt the taste buds? Are you an excellent multi tasker who is able to keep your plates spinning in a fast paced environment?
Skills for success:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about mixology and cocktail making.
- Calm under pressure.
- Engaging in your communication style, making friends with our guests.
- Teamwork is dream work so you will enjoy being a phenomenal teammate.
- Happy to Lend a hand to support your colleagues - flexible and agile in your approach to work.
The Clubhouse is a busy, challenging but rewarding environment. Our success relies on the skills and happiness of everyone in our team. For this role we want the right character and attitude, don't worry if you don't have bar or barista experience - we'll teach you the rest. If you are interested in developing your skills in hospitality we would love to see your application.The perks
Our pioneering spirit and passion keeps our brand vibrantly alive. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes, life assurance, and excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.