Salary: £17,444.00 per annum plus shift allowance and excellent benefits
Contract: 12 months secondment
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Sun 06:30 - 23:00
Location: Alexandra House, Swansea
Closing date: 19th January 2020
** We reserve the right to close the window of application early**
Here at Virgin, we love people and believe everyone should be treated as an individual. After all its how we treat one another that makes us feel special. If you do require any adjustments to support you throughout our interview process, please contact a member of our Talent Experience Team.
In a nutshell
Reporting into the role of Team Leader, the Adviser – Baggage Tracing & EU, is responsible for the processing of EU261 compensation claims and baggage tracing.
Great judgement and an eye for detail is required as you will assess claims for EU261 compensation by applying the criteria and arranging payment where applicable. A starter - finisher you will track each claim and liaise with relevant departments when required.
Day to day
- A strong communicator, you will liaise with our Airport teams to monitor and update the World Tracer system and to reunite customers with their baggage
- Mindful of our commercial line you will calculate and authorise interim expense allowances for delayed bags
- Reviewing missing baggage files, establishing manual matches between found bags and facilitating return to customers
- Assisting customers with damaged/pilfered baggage
- Assessing claims for EU261 compensation by applying the criteria and arranging payment where applicable, including:
- Claims made on behalf of customers
- Ensuring claims and payments are entered accurately into in house systems
- You will also receipt and log all correspondence falling outside the automated/outsourced logging in process including:
- Land (snail) mail - dealing with incoming mail
- Front line claim forms and other documentation
- EU Claims made by Claims Management Companies (CMC’s)
- Small claims summons or correspondence relating to legal claims
- Monitoring of the EU261 inboxes.
Do you thrive in an agile environment? Can you remain focused when there is lots of activity around you?
We are seeking team members who are passionate about outstanding customer service with the ability to speak confidently whilst also showing empathy. In short are you a genuine and authentic communicator?
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding attention to detail you will strive to produce timely and accurate work in a target driven environment
- Consider yourself level-headed? You will remain calm when faced with challenging scenarios using your initiative and creativity to craft solutions
- Good problem solving skills with an aptitude to learn
- Strong numeracy skills
So if you are highly organised, ambitious and enjoy a dynamic team environment, we would love to hear from you!The perks
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course, you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self-select what’s important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible, remote working is available.
Be Yourself - Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.