Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
Virgin Atlantic is still proudly flying, creating the same fabulous flight experience we’re famous for, and we’re busily laying the foundations for a profitable future. We know that the right people are key to creating success – so we’re looking for someone brilliant to join our team and help us achieve our vision. Perhaps that’s you? We’d love to find out.
In this role you'll support the Flight Operations Engineering & Efficiency Manager to reduce fuel usage and carbon emissions through the provision of high quality analysis and rigorous evaluation of operational data and procedures, reporting and recommendations.
Supporting business teams across the airline with high quality information, project managing a range of fuel saving initiatives to ensure that initiatives are delivered on time and ensuring business benefits are captured and delivered. You will also develop new reporting and increasing data streams, working with our internal stakeholders to improve the quantity of data.
- The production of fuel data providing meaningful KPI’s and status reports that drive activity.
- Analysis of data to identify root causes and identify corrective actions or best practice. Deliver a high level of analytical thinking to data collated and propose recommendations for improvements
- Use a range of techniques to cascade information to different audiences, supporting the team(s) to understand and interpret the data and to find proactive solutions.
- Utilising networks to constantly improve data sources, accuracy and reporting across the business.
- Lead the continuous development of our fuel management data warehouse to analyse and quantify efficiency initiatives, working with internal stakeholders to develop the data warehouse to identifying new opportunities and completing feasibility studies.
- Continually learning, capturing best practice and keeping up to date with innovations in the industry to ensure that the data is utilised to its maximum potential.
- Disseminating information and knowledge, up skilling individuals and ensuring we do not have any ‘single points of failure’.
- Support the creation of clear and concise project briefs and provide detailed analysis for fuel related business cases. Constructively challenge requirements to ensure they are deliverable, supportable, and linked to business benefits or needs.
- Manage fuel related projects, ensuring the business is kept informed with progress. Manage requirements through the life of the project and document changes.
- Effectively manage business expectations of cost, delivery and timelines. Ensure that changes to requirements are re-analysed and documented, effectively supported by solutions and properly tested.Set up and maintain an initiative tracker to oversee projects and ensure initiatives are delivered to time, cost and quality targets.
- Prepare material for and/or attend relevant steering team meetings ensuring all stakeholders have the necessary information.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values