Salary: Competitive per annum
Contract: 18 month Fixed Term / Secondment
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri 09:00 - 17:30
Location: The Base, Crawley, West Sussex
Closing date: 27th August 2019
In a nutshell
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Co-ordinator – Airworthiness Records to join the Asset Management Engineering team at Virgin Atlantic. You will be responsible for ensuring that all technical documentation for Aircraft/Assembly maintenance is generated, actioned, updated, closed and archived, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements in respect of EASA regulations (particularly Part M Sub Part A, B and G) and CAP 747.
You’ll ensure all the documentation is delivered on time and that compliant information is available on the VAA Fleets for the Engineering Organisation. Additionally, you’ll be supporting Aircraft Asset Management with Return to Lessor activities to enable on time redeliveries and the avoidance of financial penalties.
Day to day
- Process maintenance related tasks as appropriate to environment e.g. C/D checks, Technical and Cabin Log data entry and audit, Tally Sheets and Work Orders.
- Management of off-wing assemblies including APU, Engine, Landing Gear and Thrust Reversers.
- Processing of third party repair agency inputs including component changes, maintenance requirement resets, extraction of pertinent data in relation to Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives.
- Carry out manual and Engineering Computer System corrections in a timely manner to ensure information is accurate, compliant and available I.A.W. EASA Regulations and Department Service Level Agreements.
- Resolve any technical related queries in a timely manner in order to ensure that all departments are working with up to date information on the status of the aircraft.
- Undertake technical investigations e.g. component investigations, in order to progress the closure of technical documentation and timely update of the Engineering Computer System.
- Ensure that all Technical Records are stored, archived and retrievable in line with Service Level Agreements and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out audits and arrange amendments of own and others documentation in order to maintain the accuracy of all technical records.
- Provide incident support as required, providing documentation management and retrieval.
- Work in line with all Engineering Department Procedures and Local Office Instructions for area and highlight any areas that require update or amendment.
- Manually enter and maintain log books for all aircraft/maintenance activities in line with regulatory requirements.
- Set up and support the aircraft records acquisition and disposal process and manage all documentation pertaining to this as required.
- Ensure life limited tasks are attached to aircraft components in accordance with ALS and OEM Life Lists and are forecasting accurately on the Engineering Computer System.
- Ensure all associated records and feedback are distributed post departure of the aircraft from Third Party MRO’s.
- Control and set life limits of all critical Group A and non-Mandatory Group B parts and ALS items of major assemblies to ensure compliance in accordance with the OEM’s instructions.
- Set up new large assemblies and manage assembly change procedures and controlled documentation, whilst recording all large assembly shop visits into the Engineering Computer System.
To succeed in this role you will need to have experience in an airline records department, airline engineering company, or appropriate maintenance environment. You will also need to be familiar with maintaining databases and spread sheets, having excellent working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Having knowledge of aviation terminology would also be an advantage.
The type of person suited to this role will have excellent attention to detail with accurate data entry skills and enjoy problem solving. A great team player, demonstrating a high degree of flexibility in changing priorities and work schedules. You will have great communication skills both verbally and in writing. A City & Guilds qualification in Aviation Studies would be advantageous. If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!The perks
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self select whats important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Be Yourself - Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.