Salary: £65,299.00 - £71,121.00 depending on skillset and experience
Hours: Full time: 37.5 - Shift Hours
Closing Date: Sunday 5th February
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic Airways, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
We have one of the cleanest and greenest fleets in the sky, from Airbus A350s and A330neos to the Boeing 787s. Our Engineering team is made up of aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, and supply chain teams that help make sure they’re well maintained and ready to get our customers to their chosen destinations. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on!
In this role you will be accountable for effective front-line supervision of aircraft and maintenance teams to ensure delivery of maintenance plans and compliance with all safety, regulatory, company requirements and procedures.
Day to day
Work with the Production, planning and technical managers to lead and complete the maintenance plan for the responsible area by delivering the highest safety, maintenance and reliability standards whilst achieving the required quality and cost targets.
- Responsible for the completion of all planned and ad-hoc maintenance tasks within a shift, through effective front line supervision and allocation of resources, equipment, assets and use of the full scope of qualifications held
- Responsible for meeting productivity and cost targets and exploring and implementing improvement opportunities
People management responsibilities
- Working on a shift basis and responsible for the management of the team
- Responsible for team compliance with environmental and health & safety regulations/guidelines.
- Responsible for people management of a team of staff at all grades in accordance with all VAA employment policies (e.g. disciplinary and attendance management, performance management and grievance resolution)
- Ensure and support effective communications within the shift/team
- Act as the focal point of communication between the aircraft engineers, front desk, Tech Ops, and third parties as required to ensure efficient and timely maintenance is carried out.
Drive continuous improvement across Production
- Support and implement change to create a culture of continuous improvement in a production environment in order to increase unit performance
- Implement continuous improvement plans to drive efficiency within the Production teams to minimise disruption and maximise aircraft performance.
Responsible for safety plan delivery. Manage individual staff and teams from all grades on-the-shift in maintenance and compliance activities
- Management of airmanship standards, including compliance with regulations and company procedures to ensure continued Maintenance oversight for individual and team activities around the aircraft side ensuring compliance with safety, regulatory and airmanship standards
- Accountable for team compliance with environmental and health & safety regulations/guidelines.
- Ensuring accurate and correct maintenance records are kept in line with Part 145 requirements
Are you in possession of excellent people management and organisational skills, coupled with the below skills and experience? If so, we think you’d love this role!
- Hold valid EASA/CAA Licence qualifications coupled with the associated certification responsibilities and company approvals on VAA fleet types.
- Sound knowledge of EASA/CAA airworthiness regulations
- Understanding of internal procedures and awareness of quality, health & safety and environmental legislative requirements
- Understanding of the principles of good people management
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in an aircraft maintenance environment
- Experience in leading teams of multi skilled engineers / Technicians
- Good understanding of engineering IT systems (key user level knowledge of (Ultramain)
We offer an enhanced basic salary ranging from £65,299.00 - £71,121.00 depending on skillset and experience. In addition to a shift allowance of up to £10,000 depending on shift pattern,with fantastic development opportunities to grow and evolve. And of course, we’re renowned for our brilliant staff travel benefits, which are among the best in the industry. We encourage everyone to take on the world, and you’re no exception.
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values