Hours: 15-22.5 hours per week. Days - Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. If you wish to shorten these hours across the week, then please let us know.
Location: Hybrid remote working with 1 day a week (Tuesday) in our VHQ Crawley, West Sussex
Contract:12 Month Secondment/FTC
Closing Date: Monday 5 June 2023
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us about the flexibility you need at your application or interview stage. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, our purpose is to ensure everyone can take on the world. Our vision is to be the most loved travel company. To achieve both, we're harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to reimagine the world and create thoughtful experiences that feel beautifully different at every opportunity.
Our people are game changers who see the world differently. Acting as a loud and proud voice for positive change for our people, places, and the planet, they're not afraid to roll up their sleeves to take on the big things while never forgetting the importance of the small details. So, if you're ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
As one of our Agency Dealing - Sales Analyst you'll be responsible for the analysis, implementation and performance management of global corporate and agency sales programs as well as supporting our GSA contracting and management.
In this role you will support the creation and execution of dealing strategy. Ensuring you use data and technology to create analytical tools and process to enable Sales to create, negotiate and manage VAA's indirect sales channel, including holding the sales team accountable to their budgets.
Day to day
- Consult with Sales teams to develop and execute B2B Agency Sales/GSA deals, on behalf of Virgin Atlantic and partner airlines.
- Ensure the performance of annualized and tactical deals through routine performance reporting and insight.
- Provide consultancy and challenge to the Sales team to ensure strategy is understood and followed - collaborating to identify areas of improvement
- Assist Senior Manager of Sales Dealing Dealing with system enhancements and customizations to meet business requirements and improve processes.
- Develop analytical models to successfully create, negotiate and manage agency revenue programmes and market propositions to achieve VAA's revenue budget.
- Monitor and review customer segment performance.
- Delivering insights to Sales Leadership Team on performance.
- Support Manager, Sales Dealing and Development on the production of monthly finance reporting to meet legal audit requirements.
- Produce and present JV settlement reporting.
- Monitor global economic and industry trends to contextualize performance and recommend corrective/opportunity actions.
- Create PoS and Channel performance insight and coach sales team in analysis, to enable them to effectively analyse their account manager portfolios.
- Provide first-level insight into agency performance reports and commercial terms.
- Provide commercial analysis to support new commercial strategy, together with sales development, acting as liaison between Sales and Revenue management to ensure appropriate strategies are proposed.
Do you have strong analytical experience? Do you understand airline economics and business drivers? Then this could be the role for you!
Alongside the above we're looking for the following to be successful in your application:
- Spreadsheet creation and analysis using intermediate Excel are mandatory with the ability to manipulate large volumes of data to automate processes and outputs
- SQL experience is strongly preferred, with modelling techniques and methods and experience in data analytics/display, preferably using SQL, Tableau or PowerBI
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability to identify trends and underlying drivers in data reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication essential with experience in drafting management briefing documents preferred
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently using own initiative is a must
- Ability to multi task and prioritise on a daily basis under pressure to meet strict deadlines Strong written and verbal communication
Does the above sound like you? Do you want to join us on our journey to becoming the 'most loved' travel company? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (firstname.lastname@example.org) feeling confident that we've got your individual considerations covered.