Hours: Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Location: Hybrid remote working with 2 days in our VHQ Crawley, West Sussex - speak to us about what flexibility looks like for you.
Closing Date: Wednesday 8th February 2023
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, our purpose is to ensure everyone can take on the world. Our vision is to be the most loved travel company. To achieve both, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to reimagine the world and create thoughtful experiences that feel brilliantly different at every opportunity.
Our people are game changers who see the world differently. Acting as a loud and proud voice for positive change for our people, places, and the planet, they’re not afraid to roll up their sleeves to take on the big things while never forgetting the importance of the small details. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
You will be responsible to deliver highly effective solutions for virginatlantic.com. A technical hands-on role with a focus on designing, presenting and building complex solutions - the successful candidate must have extensive relevant proven experience and be effective in both new and more established technologies across the development stack.
To achieve our mission in becoming the most loved travel company. You will play a key role as we embark on an exciting journey to transform virginatlantic.com and digitise our customer journey.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as our Lead AEM Developer will be:
• Coach and mentor developers around you - working with your peers to extend and upskill technical knowledge in the team.
• Work with your peers to design innovative, highly performant, technical solutions to meet our business requirements – utilising the best technology to meet requirements.
• Document and present technical solutions to the wider Digital Team and seek buy-in.
• Lead by example, by taking the lead on major project work. Including creating prototypes for new Digital capability and helping the development team adopt the solution and mature it for production.
• Ensure PRs and code reviews are completed and ensure quality is driven into the code base.
• From time-to-time you may be asked to help interview new candidates and assess their technical competence.
• As a hands-on role, you will be expected to contribute to the day-to-day development activities, by interpreting requirements from user stories through to implementing efficient code and supporting it once live - using the right technologies, patterns and approach for any given problem.
• Participate and provide technical guidance and support in daily stand-ups, sprint refinement and planning.
• Pro-actively seek out new challenges within the technical arena.
You will come from an AEM Developer or AEM Backend Developer role.
In addition to the above, we’re looking for our successful Lead Software Developer to demonstrate the following:
• Working in a matrix style organisation where direction can come from multiple senior stakeholders.
• Proficient in all versions of Java.
• Proficient in networking and web technologies using various protocols such as HTTP
• Experience working with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) - CloudManager/SaaS
• Continuous Delivery Pipelines - Jenkins/Puppet/AWS
• GraphQL and REST
• Software documentation
• Familiarisation with front end technologies and frameworks
• Problem solving skills with a focus on helping the team finding the “right” solution.
• You should have experience of working in an agile environment.
• Attention to detail, the ability to pre-empt issues before they manifest themselves.
• Ability to work at a fast pace and be composed under pressure, positively responding to change, and adapting to new ways of working.
• Experience of code reviewing to governance standards.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values