Hours: Monday - Friday 37.5 hrs
Location: The VHQ, Crawley (hybrid, expectation 2-3 days per week)
Closing Date: Thursday, 18 August
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
With the health and safety of our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Our Health, Safety and Environment team is vital!
We're looking for someone to come and join in a dynamic environment, as a Health, Safety & Environment Advisor
In this role, you will be the identification, monitoring and improvement of our Health and Safety issues across Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Atlantic Holidays.
Day to day
• Approval and signing off of properties and other suppliers as acceptable for customer use from a H&S perspective.
• Plan and carry out audits of hotels and all facilities, excursions, transport and adventure activities both in the UK and overseas.
• Correspond with suppliers notifying them of deficiencies and resolve issues promptly.
• Maintain accurate electronic and paper files following completion of H&S audits, including audit documents, data, records, and reports
• Investigate illnesses, incidents and accidents to ensure issues are addressed to prevent re-occurrence identify trends and implement remedial actions.
• Support our legal department with drafting witness statements, alongside representing us in the event of legal proceedings, providing appropriate information
• Provide advice on a range of HSE topics with relevant internal and external stakeholders
• Produce, review and update training manuals, procedures and guidance notes for UK staff, overseas staff, suppliers and agents
• Attend educational training courses to stay ahead of current issues/changes in legislation alongside personal development
We're seeking someone who is hardworking, confident and motivated with excellent communication skills and be happy to travel within the UK and overseas
In addition to the above:
• H&S Degree or advanced level Health and Safety qualifications from an accredited governing body (e.g. NEBOSH)
• H&S Degree or advanced level Food Hygiene qualification from an accredited governing body (e.g. RSPH)
• A qualification and/or experience in maintaining, developing, internal quality auditing and working within a Quality Management System (BS EN ISO9001 preferred)
• A creative problem solver prepared to take accountability and ownership of your area of responsibility.
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• The capability of blending experience, advice and evidence to reach recommendations and conclusions.
So, if this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values