Salary: £24,741 plus excellent benefits.
Location: Currently split between working from home and working in Crawley, RH10 9DF (more details below).
Contract: Fixed Term/Secondment positions available.
Closing Date: Thursday 16th May 2022
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
As one of our dedicated Advisers in our Customer Care team, you will restore and retain our customers confidence, loyalty, and business when things don’t go as smoothly as we would expect. You care deeply about our customers so will provide knowledgeable, efficient, and qualitative responses to all complaints and claims, primarily by outbound phone calls. You will strive to deliver a first contact resolution wherever possible and be pro-active in fixing problems at source to ensure they are not repeated for future customers. You will be empowered to solve customer complaints whilst working within a supportive team that will provide continuous development to help you perform at your best.
In a nutshell
Day to day
- Investigate, research, and respond to all incoming complaints and claims, primarily by phone but also in writing.
- Assess the value of the complaint or claim making an appropriate offer of compensation using the guidance tools provided to avoid complaints being escalated. Focusing on a first contact resolution.
- Using your initiative to recognise areas of improvement and feedback any trends to management and suppliers.
- Diligent in your approach to complaint handling you will strive to protect the Virgin Atlantic and Holidays brand and retain customer confidence.
- Handling specialist correspondence such as EC Care, Personal Injury and Baggage claims.
- Looking to resolve issues at source to stop repeat complaints, always striving to deliver continuous improvement.
- Working closely with Duty Office and In Resort teams to ensure the customers complaints have been handled in resort, or if they need to be handed over to the Care team to handle on the customers return from holiday.
Do you love helping customers and can empathise with a customer’s situation and help bring their problem to a satisfactory resolution? Are you a proud brand ambassador who places the customer at the heart of your focus? Do you enjoy speaking to customers over the phone? Do you naturally take ownership for finding and fixing problems at source? If you answered yes, then this could be the role for you.
- A fantastic phone manner, confidence in picking up the phone and discussing customers complaints openly with them.
- An outstanding level of writing skills and an excellent command of the English language.
- The ability to negotiate and objectively assess a situation to bring it to a satisfactory close for both the customer and the business.
- A drive to resolve complaints upon first contact and fix problems at source.
- Experience in complaint handling and/or airline knowledge would be advantageous.
Covid-19 has presented us with a unique opportunity for our teams to work more dynamically than ever before. Our advisors currently work 60%-80% of time homeworking with the rest of the time in the office at VHQ, Crawley. Management Discretion
We know sometimes technology can be temperamental, so one stipulation we do have is that you reside close enough to VHQ Crawley to be able to get to the office within 2 hours and continue your shift if you experience any technical difficulties at home. We will provide a laptop and additional equipment to help you work effectively.
Our training now has a blended approach, some of which will be digitalised and completed at home, combined with classroom-based learning. But don’t worry, you will be supported throughout the training course by one of our amazing Customer Centre trainers.If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values