Salary: £20,892 for new hires, rising to £21,992 after successful completion of probation, plus excellent benefits.
Location: Currently split between working from home and working in Swansea, SA7 9EQ (more details below)
Contract: Permanent & Fixed Term position available
Hours: Monday-Sunday 08:00-18:00, Full-time basis on an annualised hours contract (more details below)
Closing Date: Sunday, 1st August 2021
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
This is a really popular role for us at Virgin Atlantic, for that reason we recommend you submit your application early for consideration. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date due to a high number of applications.
In a nutshell
As a dedicated Adviser in our Customer Care team, you are responsible for restoring and retaining our customers confidence, loyalty, and business when Virgin Atlantic has failed to fulfil the expectations of our customers and/or our contractual and legal obligations. You care deeply about our customers so will provide knowledgeable, efficient, and qualitative responses to all complaints, claims and enquiries, primarily by phone. You will strive to deliver a first contact resolution wherever possible and be pro-active in fixing problems at source to ensure they are not repeated for future customers.
Day to day
What you'll do
- Investigate, research, and respond to all incoming complaints, claims, requests and comments, primarily by phone but also in writing.
- Assess the value of the complaint or claim making an appropriate offer of compensation.
- Minimise the number of claims and complaints becoming litigant, being advanced to CR Management, senior VAA managers, Press, Social media and/or consumer watchdogs.
- Diligent in your approach to complaint handling you will strive to protect the brand from opportunistic and unsubstantiated claims.
- Handling specialist correspondence, EU claims, Passengers with Restricted Mobility (PRM), Personal Injury or correspondence that is addressed to our Senior Leadership Team.
- Looking to resolve issues at source to stop repeat complaints, always striving to deliver continuous improvement.
Do you love helping customers and can empathise with a customer’s situation and help bring their problem to a satisfactory resolution? Are you a proud brand ambassador who places the customer at the heart of your focus? Do you enjoy speaking to customers over the phone? Do you naturally take ownership for finding and fixing problems at source, working closely with internal stakeholders? If you answered yes, then this could be the role for you.
You will need
- A fantastic phone manner, confident in picking up the phone and discussing customers complaints openly with them.
- An exceptional level of writing skills and an excellent command of the English language.
- The ability to negotiate and objectively assess a situation to bring it to a satisfactory close for both the customer and the business.
- A drive to resolve complaints upon first contact and fix problems at source.
- Experience in complaint handling and/or airline knowledge would be advantageous.
Covid-19 has presented us with a unique opportunity for our teams to work more dynamically than ever before. Our advisors currently work 60%-80% of time homeworking with the rest of the time in the office at Pobl house in Llansamlet, Swansea.
We know sometimes technology can be temperamental, so one stipulation we do have is that you reside close enough to Pobl House to be able to get to the office and continue your shift if you experience any technical difficulties at home.
You will be employed on a full-time basis on an annualised hours contract, which means that there are no set shifts each week. You will be contracted to work 1,950 hours across 12 months, and the number of hours that you work each week could be flexed up or down to meet the demands of the business (however your basic salary will remain the same each month). You will be able to view your shift pattern for the whole year and, if we need to shorten or lengthen your shift, we will give you 28 days’ notice to do this*. The shortest shift you could be scheduled to work is 4 hours, and the longest is 10.5 hours. Our people enjoy the flexibility of knowing that when work is quiet, they are scheduled additional time off without using any annual leave. We are happy to answer any questions you have about annualised hours contracts during the application process.
Our training now has a blended approach, some of which will be digitalised and completed at home, combined with classroom-based learning. But don’t worry, you will be supported throughout the training course by one of our amazing Customer Centre trainers.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can ignite the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values