Salary: £22,541 plus excellent benefits
Location: Currently split between working from home and working in Swansea, SA7 9EQ (more details below)
Contract: Fixed Term (12 months) positions available currently. We never want to let hard working people go - permanent positions may become available during this time however, it can't be guaranteed.
Hours: Monday-Sunday 08:00-18:00 contracted hours, Full-time basis on an annualised hours contract (more details below). Average hours per week 37.5 with a typical shift being 09:00-17:00 or 09:30-17:30. We also offer the possibility of colleague shift swaps depending on department cover to ensure we're being as flexible as possible.
Current working roster includes 50% weekend working over a 4-week shift pattern (subject to change with advance notice).
This is a really popular role for us at Virgin Atlantic, for that reason we recommend you submit your application early for consideration. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date due to a high number of applications.
In a nutshell
As one of our dedicated Advisers in our Customer Care team, you will restore and retain our customers confidence, loyalty, and business when things don’t go as smoothly as we would expect. You care deeply about our customers so will provide knowledgeable, efficient, and qualitative responses to all complaints and claims, primarily by outbound phone calls. You will strive to deliver a first contact resolution wherever possible and be pro-active in fixing problems at source to ensure they are not repeated for future customers. We know handling complaints isn't always going to be an easy task but with your passion and drive for doing the right thing for our customers, you'll be a huge success. You will be empowered to solve customer complaints whilst working within a vibrant and supportive team team that will provide continuous development to help you perform at your best.
Our people are the heart and soul of our success. Without them, we couldn't get off the ground. We'll coach you and help unlock your true potential, giving you amazing training opportunities to build and grow your career. Amazing fact - almost 100% of our managers and team leaders worked their way up internally. So, what's stopping you, nothing? Then click the apply now button and come and join us!
Day to day
What you'll do
- Investigate, research, and respond to all incoming complaints and claims, primarily by phone but also in writing.
- Assess the value of the complaint or claim making an appropriate offer of compensation using the guidance tools provided to avoid complaints being escalated. Focusing on a first contact resolution.
- Using your initiative to recognise areas of improvement and feedback any trends to management.
- Diligent in your approach to complaint handling you will strive to protect the Virgin Atlantic brand and retain customer confidence.
- Handling specialist correspondence such as EC Care, Personal Injury and Baggage claims.
- Looking to resolve issues at source to stop repeat complaints, always striving to deliver continuous improvement.
What We Offer
• Comprehensive on-boarding programme, including a four-week training course. It’s fast-paced and turbulent at times, but we believe it makes things…well, just a bit more fun.
• Up to seven flights a year to any of Virgin Atlantic’s global destinations (did someone say Vegas?)
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• High-energy work environment that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work.
• Access to our employee assistance programme and Digital GP service.
• Continuous mentoring and development through a dedicated development programme to support your career progression.
• Industry leading Staff Travel benefits
Do you love helping customers and can empathise with a customer’s situation and help bring their problem to a satisfactory resolution? Are you a proud brand ambassador who places the customer at the heart of your focus? Do you enjoy speaking to customers over the phone? Do you naturally take ownership for finding and fixing problems at source? If you answered yes, then this could be the role for you.
You will need
- A fantastic phone manner, confidence in picking up the phone and discussing customers complaints openly with them.
- An outstanding level of writing skills and an excellent command of the English language.
- The ability to negotiate and objectively assess a situation to bring it to a satisfactory close for both the customer and the business.
- A drive to resolve complaints upon first contact and fix problems at source.
- Experience in complaint handling and/or airline knowledge would be advantageous.
Covid-19 has presented us with a unique opportunity for our teams to work more dynamically than ever before. Our advisors currently work 60%-80% of time homeworking with the rest of the time in the office at either Pobl house in Llansamlet, Swansea.
We know sometimes technology can be temperamental, so one stipulation we do have is that you reside close enough to Pobl House to be able to get to the office within 2 hours and continue your shift if you experience any technical difficulties at home. We will provide a laptop and additional equipment to help you work effectively.
Our training now has a blended approach, some of which will be digitalised and completed at home, combined with classroom-based learning. But don’t worry, you will be supported throughout the training course by one of our amazing Customer Centre trainers.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values