Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we’re just as passionate as we’ve always been about becoming the most loved travel company. One thing we know for sure – this year has shown that when we combine our brand with the power of amazing people, we make something truly magical.
As our Accounts Receivable Analyst at Virgin Atlantic, you will be responsible for the ongoing offshore team training and coaching to support the ongoing improved customer service to the business and customers.
This role will cover, receivables across the Virgin Atlantic group, with specific focus on Cargo. Resolving and dealing with highly complex process issues, ensuring appropriate procedural documentation is produced to continuously improve the service and avoiding financial risk to the business.
Day to day
As our Accounts Receivable Analyst, you will be responsible for the following day to day activities:
• Complex and difficult process issues to be resolved and procedurally documented, whilst liaising with the business and the offshore team to resolve any open issues
• Timely collection of aged debtors to protect cash flow, in line with agreed KPIs.
• Responsible for managing groups of debtors, to ensure efficient and effective service delivery. To act as a partner to business stakeholders and key customers to ensure that relevant policies are followed.
• As an SME, become key point of contact for escalations both from customers and the wider business, whilst demonstrating best customer service
• Offshore team training / coaching to raise standard of service to our customers, ensuring that ongoing procedural changes are implemented in a timely manner and team are confident in the delivery.
• Review existing processes done both on and offshore; propose improvements to optimize efficiencies and streamline across the VAL Group. Identify any system issues and raise change requests / incidents where appropriate and managing to completion including UAT and implementation of changes.
• Provide ad hoc project support and involvement in Working Capital wide tasks where required, e.g. systems upgrades, audit deliverables etc.
Are you comfortable working under pressure, juggling many plates at once often to tight deadlines?
In addition to the above, we are looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Experience of billing systems i.e. Oracle, TBX desirable
• Knowledge of Order to Cash process
• Experience working in a high-volume receivable environment
• Numerical and methodically minded, with high levels of attention to detail
• Effective communication skills, both written and spoken
• Stakeholder management, confident liaising with all levels within the business
• Competent with Microsoft Excel
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values