The Base is a state of the art facility where our cabin crew go through all their training – you’ll often see them being put through their paces on the rig and lifesize mock-up plane which sits right in the middle of the building.
How to find The Base
The Base is located 2.5 miles from Gatwick Airport Railway Station and 3 miles from Three Bridges and Crawley Railway Stations. Bus numbers 10 and 100 run regular services from all stations to bus stops situated around the perimeter of both Fleming Way and Manor Royal. Bus stops are (in the main) covered and well lit.
Taxis are available outside all 3 stations and generally cost between £6 – £10 for a single journey dependent on the taxi operator.
Metro Cars: 01293 522222
The Base is located within the Manor Royal Industrial Estate 3 miles from the M23 motorway. Manor Royal is a busy trading estate and the roads around the area can get busy during peak times. We therefore recommend leaving additional time to reach our offices if you are travelling at the beginning or end of the working day.
The Base has a limited number of visitor parking bays near the main front reception but you are welcome to park in any free bay in the car parks around the building. There is no charge.
- Leave the M23 at junction 10, then at the roundabout take the exit marked A2011 Crawley (1st exit if travelling northbound or 3rd exit if travelling southbound).
- At the Hazelwick roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Gatwick road (signposted Manor Royal).
- At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Gatwick Road (signposted Gatwick, Horley).
- At the next roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Fleming Way (signposted Fleming Way).
- Turn right into access road which leads to a number of car parks at the rear of the building.
Explore The Base
It offers a contemporary, dynamic and flexible workspace that truly reflects our spirit and passion for putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The building has lots of varied spaces from open and collaborative to secluded and focus- driven spaces, this not only encourages a more activity based working style but it also supports the wellbeing of our people.
The VHQ is a really fantastic place to work, there’s also a natural light-filled restaurant and coffee bar which is open throughout the day – perfect for meals, meetings or simply musing on your next big idea.